We’re moving into the holiday season, and it’s important to make sure your website is ready for the traffic you’ll be getting during this time. We’ve put together a list of things to check on to make sure that your website is performing well.
Here are a few things to check:
- Check on your form responses. This is easy to neglect, and sometimes form responses can be a little finicky. To check your form responses, go to your website, fill out the form and see if you get your form entry in your email. You don’t want to miss out on a sale or inquiry, so if you don’t see the email, be sure to double check your form settings in the backend of your site.
- Buy something. Run through the sales process on your website to see what your customers are seeing — you can even use a test product so that you don’t have to spend real money.
- Check your blog. Look at your most recent blog — if it’s been over a month since you last posted a blog, we recommend writing a new blog, hiding your blog or removing the published date. Having an up-to-date blog lets customers know that your website is current.
- Make sure your operating hours are accurate. Check each place your hours are located — they’re likely in your header, footer, About page or Contact page.
- Click through the pages on your website. Look at your headlines, buttons, calls to action and images. A quick audit is a great way to make sure your website is working the way it should be.
We’ll be taking a break from One Quick Question during the holiday season, so if you need website assistance, be sure to email our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you have a topic suggestion for when we resume, let us know at email@example.com.Carrie Rollwagen