Open Position(s) at Infomedia
Want to work in a laid-back environment with a family-oriented company culture? We’re driven to provide the best in web development and digital strategy for our clients, and we’re always looking for great team members to come join us. The key quality we look for in every candidate is to be a good fit with our company culture; we’re full of unique personalities, fun times, and a love for our work. We currently have openings for the following position(s):
Infomedia is looking for a web designer to join our team as soon as possible. The following outlines the requirements, preferences, and duties of our new designer. Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan concept by studying information and materials as well as meet with clients to establish a vision for their website.
- Must be able to perform own research and determine the best possible site structure/navigation and design based on client’s current website, analyzing competitors, Google Analytics, and user experience best practices.
- Design homepage layouts and interior web pages using Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch. Employ color, type, illustration, photography, and various layout techniques when designing the project.
- Complete project by coordinating with outside agencies, photographers, copywriters, etc. when necessary.
- Work with the rest of development team to accomplish team goals and with the Project Manager to meet deadlines.
- Be able to present and discuss finished designs to clients and occasionally to committees.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience at an agency, in-house marketing department or website company with focus on digital design.
- Bachelor’s or Fine Arts degree in website design, marketing, or related discipline is not required, but is encouraged.
- Online portfolio illustrating website designs and other digital media.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Sketch, and basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS coding and an understanding of the limitation coding can have on design. Must know how to design for responsive devices.
- Impeccable sensitivity and knowledge to color theory, typography, photography selection, hierarchy and balance.
- Manage multiple projects and independently prioritize tasks.
- Anticipates needs, creates opportunities and comfortable managing overlapping priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills. Communicating with clients through email and sending and receiving files through Google Drive, DropBox and InVision.
- Updates job knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.