You see other accounts adding link stickers to their Instagram stories. You know that it could help your business get more traffic to do the same. But when you try to use that feature, it’s nowhere to be found. What’s going on? Keep reading and we’ll walk you through what’s happening.
What are Instagram story links?
Having linkable Instagram stories is a great option for a business since it makes promoting products and services on a website much easier.
In the past, you may have noticed that not everyone had the option to add links to their Instagram stories. Luckily, that’s no longer the case! The days of the “swipe up” feature are gone, and now there’s an option to add a link “sticker” in your Instagram stories.
How do I get qualified to add links to Instagram stories?
Instagram users previously had to be qualified (by account verification or a certain number of followers) to share links through the swipe up feature, but not anymore. Instagram has (thankfully) listened to its users and given all of us the ability to share things that are important to us.
As long as you have a link, you can share products, recipes, projects or anything in between on your Instagram story. If you don’t see the feature right now, don’t fret — it may take a few days or weeks for it to show up on your account.
How do I use the link sticker?
Using the link sticker is easy! Here’s how:
- Find the link you want to use and copy it.
- Capture or upload content to your Instagram story.
- Click the sticker icon on the top navigation bar (it’s the one that looks like a square with a smiley face inside).
- Tap the link sticker, then paste in the URL of the link you want to use.
- Now the sticker is added to your story! Tap it to see color customization options.
Check out Instagram’s article for more information on the link feature.